Al-Maqdese for Society Development (MSD)
|In their own words||Aims to “defend and protect Palestinians’ human right,” “raise awareness among Palestinians in Jerusalem of their rights and international humanitarian law,” and “disclose, document, and publish Israeli violations.”|
- 2011 budget (latest available; accessed April 24, 2014) of NIS 2,348,646, of which NIS 2,288,136 was received from foreign governments.
- Donors include: European Commission, UNDP, UNODC, Polish Aid, National Endowment for Democracy (U.S.), Save the Children (Sweden), the Qatar Foundation, Norwegian People’s Aid, Italy and France.
- Received €238,000 (2011) and €210,049 (2010) from AECID (Spain) for a project called “Improving awareness and/or legal defense at the national and international level of the Palestinians of East Jerusalem, as an intervention against violations committed by Israel.”
- Al-Maqdese for Society Development (MSD) is an Israeli non-profit and non-governmental organization that was established in reaction to what it labels “Israel’s routine violations of Palestinians’ human, social, economic, and political rights in Jerusalem.”
- Utilizes rhetoric accusing Israel of “human rights violations,” “illegal,” “ruthless,” and “inhumane” practices, “ethnic cleansing,” “home demolitions,” “land confiscation,” pursuing the “Judaization” of Jerusalem, and marginalizing Palestinians “in small ghettos.”
- Publishes biased “violations reports,” “house demolition reports,” and “stories of suffering,” omitting Palestinian terrorism and Israeli national security concerns.
- Released a February 2012 report, “Israeli Violations in Jerusalem: 2000 to 2010”, maintaining that Israeli goals and actions are “ruthless, unforgiving, inhumane and above all illegal when it comes to Jerusalem in particular and the occupied Palestinian territories in general, yet the international community sits back and watches as the character and demographics of the city are altered…in an attempt to Judaize the city.”
- Published a statement (March 2012) accusing Israel of “racist” practices in Jerusalem and calling on the international community “to undertake immediate, practical procedures” to protect the city and “fulfil its responsibilities… in putting pressure on Israel.”
- Published a March 2011 report, “Home demolitions in Jerusalem: A mean towards ethnic cleansing,” accusing Israel of a plan which “started by confiscating land, building Jewish settlements, and merging new domestic plans for the city that would leave the Arab-Palestinian citizens marginalized in small ghettos.” (emphasis added).
- Launched a project, “Reducing violations of Jerusalemite prisoners’ rights in Israeli prisons,” from October 2010 to April 2011, as a result of the “escalation of violations of Jerusalemite prisoners’ rights.” The project was funded by the Swedish, Danish, and Swiss governments.
All Articles about Al-Maqdese for Society Development (MSD)