Association for the Defence of the Rights of the Internally Displaced (ADRID)
|In their own words||"The return of displaced Palestinians within the Green Line to their villages and homes which they were expelled from, in accordance with UN resolution 194."|
- Based in Nazareth, ADRID is a member of the highly politicized NGO umbrella group known as Ittijah (Union of Arab Community Based Organizations).
- ADRID has no website and does not disclose sources of funding.
- Promotes anti-Israel agenda of demonization, following standard Palestinian narrative to erase context and history of conflict, repeating maximalist demands of wider Palestinian leadership despite claiming to specifically represent the interests of Palestinian Arabs of Israeli citizenship.
- Manifesto of November 19, 1999 contains language that is considered to be anti-Semitic, casting blame for the Palestinian refugee situation on “Zionist conspiracies” and claiming that the establishment of the State of Israel was “gained with the support of international Zionist and imperialist forces.”
- Recipient of October 2002 “Body Shop Human Rights Award” (and $75,000), triggering protests and critical analysis from those concerned at the abuse of the term ‘human rights.’
All Articles about Association for the Defence of the Rights of the Internally Displaced (ADRID)