Oxford Research Group (ORG)
|In their own words||“Oxford Research Group (ORG) is an independent peace and security think-and-action-tank that promotes dialogue and common security approaches as sustainable alternatives to violent global confrontation.” |
- According to its 2015 annual report, ORG’s budget for 2015 was ₤472,233, of which ₤460,089 was received in grants and donations.
- ORG received ₤197,820 from Norway for “Israel and Palestine Projects” in 2015, roughly 43% of ORG’s entire income for that year.
- Other donors include the European Union, Switzerland, Germany (Institute for Foreign Relations), and Cordaid (the Netherlands).
- ORG is a co-implementer of the EU Peacebuilding Initiative project “Building Strategic Capacity: Empowering Civil, Political and Emerging Constituencies in Palestine and Israel” (€488,098, 2016-2019).
- ORG’s Palestine Strategy Group is listed as a partner of the German-funded Konrad Adenauer Stiftung.
- The EU’s financial transparency system does not list ORG as a beneficiary.
- ORG’s main project on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, The Palestine Strategy Group, published a strategy report that supports “resistance in all its forms including the growing global movement for boycott sanctions and divestment,” promotes a “right of return” for Palestinian refugees and their descendants , and accuses Israel of “apartheid” and “illegal expropriation and colonization.”
- Dr. Husam Zomlot, part of ORG’s Middle East Team and co-founder and coordinator of its Palestine Strategy Group, claimed in an interview on BBC (BBC Interview, 20 Aug 2014 from 39:21) that “They [Israelis] are fabricating all these stories about beheading journalists in Iraq… it happened somewhere else in Iraq, as if they are fabricating also the story of the Holocaust, that it happened in Europe, not the story itself, but the reason why they are doing this, and using so many other examples, to justify their murder of a nation.”
- ORG funds, together with the City Council of Barcelona, a project titled “Observatory of Private Military Security Companies & Human Rights,” implemented by Spanish NGO Novact. According to Novact’s 2015 annual report, ORG contributed €176,313 to this project and is also an active participant.
- As part of this project, Novact published a report in 2015, titled “The Privatization of Security in the Occupied Palestinian Territory.” The report states that “Since the Declaration of the State of Israel in 1948, the Israeli government has used the pretext of security to justify the occupation of the Palestinian people, committing terrible atrocities and violating human rights,” and that “The Israeli notion of security is closely linked to their concept of terrorism, drawing an extremely thin line between terrorism and resistance. The right of the Palestinian people to resist Israeli military occupation is not only a moral right but also a recognized right under customary international law” (emphases added).
- ORG partners with Palestinian NGO The Palestinian Center for Policy Research & Strategic Studies – Masarat. Director of Masarat Hani Al-Masri is a former member of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP), a terrorist organization designated as such by the EU, U.S., Canada, and Israel. Al-Masri openly supports anti-Israel BDS (boycott, divestment and sanctions) campaigns against Israel, and published an article in 2015 titled “Boycott: an Effective Weapon.”
All Articles about Oxford Research Group (ORG)