Oxford Research Group (ORG)
|In their own words||“Oxford Research Group (ORG) is an independent peace and security think-and-action-tank that promotes dialogue and common security approaches as sustainable alternatives to violent global confrontation.” |
- ORG’s main project on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, The Palestine Strategy Group, published a strategy report that supports “resistance in all its forms including the growing global movement for boycott sanctions and divestment,” promotes a “right of return” for Palestinian refugees and their descendants , and accuses Israel of “apartheid” and “illegal expropriation and colonization.”
- Dr. Husam Zomlot, part of ORG’s Middle East Team and co-founder and coordinator of its Palestine Strategy Group, claimed in an interview on BBC (BBC Interview, 20 Aug 2014 from 39:21) that Israel “fabricated” the beheading of James Foley “like they are fabricating the story of the Holocaust, that it happened in Europe.”
- ORG funds, together with the City Council of Barcelona, a project titled “Observatory of Private Military Security Companies & Human Rights,” implemented by Spanish NGO Novact. According to Novact’s 2015 annual report, ORG contributed €176,313 to this project and is also an active participant.
- As part of this project, Novact published a report in 2015, titled “The Privatization of Security in the Occupied Palestinian Territory.” The report states that “Since the Declaration of the State of Israel in 1948, the Israeli government has used the pretext of security to justify the occupation of the Palestinian people, committing terrible atrocities and violating human rights,” and that “The Israeli notion of security is closely linked to their concept of terrorism, drawing an extremely thin line between terrorism and resistance. The right of the Palestinian people to resist Israeli military occupation is not only a moral right but also a recognized right under customary international law” (emphases added).
- ORG partners with Palestinian NGO The Palestinian Center for Policy Research & Strategic Studies – Masarat. Director of Masarat Hani Al-Masri is a former member of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP), a terrorist organization designated as such by the EU, U.S., Canada, and Israel. Al-Masri openly supports anti-Israel BDS (boycott, divestment and sanctions) campaigns against Israel, and published an article in 2015 titled “Boycott: an Effective Weapon.”
All Articles about Oxford Research Group (ORG)