Palestina Solidariteit vzw
|In their own words||“Voluntary movement based on international law, respect for human rights and democratic principles, for a fair and lasting solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.”|
- In 2015, Palestina Solidariteit’s total budget was €141,023.
- The organization states that it does not receive “subsidies” (government funding). However, financial reports submitted to Donorinfo, a Belgian transparency organization, indicate that Palestina Solidariteit received €20,358 (14.4% of its total budget) in government funding in 2015.
- Palestina Solidariteit works as an “independent volunteer movement that fights for the legitimate rights of the Palestinian people on the basis of the implementation of UN resolution, International law, respect for human rights and democracy, and for a just and lasting solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.”
- Palestina Solidariteit’s main activities in Belgium include:
- “Awareness raising and educational activities for a wide audience.”
- “Putting pressure on policy makers.”
- “Providing background information on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.”
- “Lobbying and campaigns.”
- Supports discriminatory BDS (boycott, divestment, and sanctions) campaigns against Israel including:
- A campaign against Israeli security firm G4S to end Belgian cooperation with the company over its involvement in “an illegal situation.”
- Calling for Dexia bank to end its “illegal funding of Israeli colonization of the Occupied Palestinian Territories.”
- Supports the “Made in Illegality” campaign. The campaign’s demands include banning Belgian and French imports of all “settlement products,” discouraging Belgian and French companies “from investing in settlements,” and preparing information for travelers “to ensure that they avoid supporting companies and tourist sites that are located in the settlements.”
- Supports the suspension of the European Union-Israel Association Agreement.
- Signatory to a 2017 statement marking the anniversaries of the 1917 Balfour declaration, the 1947 United Nations Partition Plan, and the “beginning of Israel’s occupation in 1967.” The statement calls on the international community “to cease all complicity with continued settlement activity and the myriad of ways that Israel violates international law,” and for “the suspension of the EU’s Association Agreement with Israel.” The statement condemns the 1947 UN partition plan, claiming it “resulted in the 1948 Nakba, the demolition of more than 530 Palestinian villages and the expulsion of 750,000 Palestinians from their homeland, and is thus a process of ethnic cleansing.” It also claims that European countries “made Palestine carry the consequences of the monstrous genocide of the European Jews by the Nazis; and subsequently they did nothing to require that Israel respect UN resolutions.”
Support for Palestinian NGOs
- According to its website, Palestina Solidariteit raises private funding for Palestinian NGOs including:
Other Anti-Israel Activities
Palestina Solidariteit is a member of the European Coordination of Committees and Associations for Palestine and receives the support of the coalition of Flanders NGOs 11.11.11.
All Articles about Palestina Solidariteit vzw