|In their own words||“Based on democratic principles such as openness, transparency and freedom of expression, it provides a forum for Palestinian decision makers, public opinion leaders and citizens to express their views.”|
- On its website, ATF publishes its “Funding Partners” from “2000-Present.” The most recent grant listed is from 2008. Donors listed include the United States (USAID), Switzerland (SDC), Canada (Canada Fund), Mu’assasat, the European Union, OPEC Fund for International Development, and the United Nations Development Program (UNDP).
- ATF received $97,500 in 2015-2016 from the Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law Secretariat (joint funding from Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, and the Netherlands) for a project titled “Improved community based monitoring, documentation and reporting of human rights violations in East Jerusalem.”
- ATF was awarded $82,069 from the United States (MEPI) from 2013-2014, for the project “Youth Advocacy Group’s as Active Agents of Positive Change in Their Communities.”
- In 2011-2014, ATF received NOK 1.25 million from Norway.
- ATF’s narrative includes demonizing and antisemitic language: “The Palestinian Holocaust is unsurpassed in history…the ugliest crime of modern times.” It also employs terms such as “apartheid,” “ethnic cleansing,” “genocide,” and “collective punishment,” and promotes BDS campaigns.
- Participates in discriminatory campaigns such as “Love in the Time of Apartheid Campaign: The Palestinian Campaign for Repealing Israel’s Racist Law Denying Family Reunification.”
- In May 2015, ATF signed a letter condemning NBC’s TV show “DIG” because it allegedly “whitewashes Israel’s policies of apartheid, ethnic cleansing, and colonization in occupied Palestinian Jerusalem.”
- Re-published a 2009 article from PNGO claiming the goal of the Israeli military is destruction and occupation. The posting suggests “immediate action” including, “We, Palestinian NGOs declare our complete rejection of any aid coming from USAID due to the United States’ constant military and financial support to Israel, or from any other parties whose support to Israel facilitated Israel’s military aggression in the Gaza Strip.”
- In a September 2006 “analysis paper,” ATF asserts that “the Zionist notion carries racist principles that keep producing Apartheid forms,” including the “Apartheid wall.” The group refers to “so called ‘Palestinian Terrorism.’”
- In 2009, as a member of PNGO, ATF posted a press release on “Israel’s barbaric aggression on the Gaza Strip” and called for “Upholding the current global BDS campaign to boycott Israeli goods, support of divestment initiatives and encourage sanctions against Israel.”
- In May 2005 signed a petition calling for the academic boycott of Israel as a means to “isolate Apartheid Israel…forging effective solidarity with the Palestinian struggle for freedom, self-determination and sovereignty.”
- Signatory to the 2005 “Palestinian Civil Society Call for BDS” that calls for an end to Israel’s “occupation and colonization of all Arab lands.”
- On its website, ATF states that it “is proud to be active participants with a leading role in a number of Palestinian and international umbrella organizations”
- AMAN – Palestinian Coalition for Accountability and Integrity.
- PNGO – Palestinian Non-Governmental Organization Network.
- Union of Charitable Societies.
- Palestinian Council for Justice and Peace.
- PCBS – Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics – Member of the advisory Council.
- Council for Palestinian Human Rights.
- Civil Election Monitoring Committee.
- Coordination Committee of Civil Societies.
- Arab Network for Transparency.
- Jerusalem Committee against Drugs.
- National Committee for Jerusalem Political Prisoners.
- The Civic Coalition for Defending the Palestinian Rights in Jerusalem
- In addition, “ATF maintains a special relationship with several international organizations” including:
Archive of Articles about Arab Thought Forum