|In their own words||The HDIP defines itself as an independent non-profit Palestinian organizationdevoted to policy research and planning regarding the Palestinian health care system in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.|
The organization does not publish financial information, reflecting a lack of transparency.
- The HDIP describes its focus as enhancing coordination and cooperation between the different health care providers in Palestine, particularly that between Palestinian NGOs and the Palestinian Authority, and notes that it is devoted to advocating appropriate health and development policies, and to building a democratic Palestinian civil society.
- The HDIP has provided consultations to organizations like the WHO, European Community, UNDP, UNICEF, the World Bank and numerous other local and international NGOs.
- The HDIP employs counterproductive anti-Israel rhetoric, terming the fence being built along the West Bank an apartheid wall, in a press conference for a publication entitled Health and Segregation.
- In November 2016, the IDF raided HDIP offices, confiscating computers and other documents.
- The HDIP also claims on its website that under Sharons plan for the Palestinians, they [the Palestinians] may now be clustered into ghettoes.