|In their own words||We are a global organization, 4,000 strong, powered by the belief that a better world is possible. We help people survive and get back on their feet when natural disaster strikes, economies collapse or conflict erupts. And where there are chronic threats to peace and progress, we partner with communities to overcome obstacles and thrive.|
- In 2015 had reported income of $363.6 million and reported expenses of $351.4 million
- Lists donors as: Ford Foundation, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Google, MasterCard, Starbucks, Microsoft, and Coca Cola.
- Receives government funding from the EU and the United States for projects in Israel and the West Bank:
- EU Partnership for Peace Programme: €500,000 (November 2011 – October 2013) “to facilitate concrete business partnerships and transfer of technical capacity from Israeli to Palestinian ICT companies.”
- U.S Embassy in Tel Aviv: $1.19 million (September 2014- June 2016) for a project that “uses Information and Communications Technology (ICT) as a catalyst to provide Israelis and Palestinians with opportunities and incentives to work together.”
- Global humanitarian relief organization, operating in Africa, North and South America, the Caucasus, Central Asia, East Asia, South Asia, and the Middle East.
- Middle East projects in Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Yemen, Egypt, Libya, Gaza and the West Bank.
- Mercy Corps’ webpage on “West Bank and Gaza” provides many one-sided testimonies from Gaza residents and local staff, using emotive descriptions such as “it was like hell” and “we live together or die together.” There is no mention of Israeli casualties and suffering, or the incessant rocket attacks by Hamas and other terrorist organizations targeting Israeli civilians – each one a war crime.
- Mercy Corps participated in a multi-NGO publication, “Failing Gaza: No rebuilding, no recovery, no more excuses” (2009), falsely accusing Israel of an “illegal and inhumane blockade,” “collective punishment,” and “occupying” Gaza.
Archive of Articles about Mercy Corps