|In their own words||"It supports the cause of groups that were forgotten by history and deprived of the right to have their States such as the Palestinian people, or those victims of historical genocides and war such as the Indian-Americans and Africans. It takes action in support of the activists victims of repression anywhere in the world and in particular those 'forgotten' by the 'humanitarian' establishments."|
- Received ECOSOC accreditation in 1995. Claims that its founders include: Ahmed Ben Bella, the first President of Algeria; Nelson Mandela; Dr. Mifsud Bonnicci, former Prime Minister of Malta; and Mr. Ramsey Clark, a former US Attorney General.
- Maintains offices in Geneva, New York and Beirut.
- Participated in the 2001 World Conference Against Racism, taking an active part in the NGO Forum.
- Active in promoting another NGO Forum at the 2009 Durban Review Conference.
- Lists “Palestine” as one of its main areas of interest, with activities focusing on the Golan Heights, the “Occupied Palestinian Territories” and the situation of Arab prisoners in Israeli jails. It also initiated many activities and statements related to the 2006 Lebanon War.
- Has issued statements accusing Israel of “genocide,” “apartheid” and “atrocities.”
- Administers the Al-Gaddafi International Prize for Human Rights, based in Libya. French Holocaust denier Roger Garaudy, Fidel Castro, and Venezuelan President Huga Chavez are among its past recipients.
All Articles about Nord-Sud XXI