Palestine Children's Welfare Fund (PCWF)
- PCWF does not publish funding information, reflecting a lack of transparency and accountability.
- In February 2008, the FBI and Internal Revenue Service raided Hamad’s Texas residence and reportedly “seized 40 boxes of materials related to his charity work, reportedly pursuant to an investigation of alleged ‘wire fraud, bank fraud, and money laundering.’”
- In April 2008, Hamad was found dead. The website ceased to be active, and all activities were taken over by his colleague, Paul Larudee, in California.
- Larudee has a long history of anti-Israel and antisemitic extremism. Larudee has written of Jewish/Zionist “control” over US “media” and “government”; has expressed support for terrorism, euphemistically called “armed resistance”; and has received a medal of honor from leaders of Hamas, a designated terrorist organization by the EU, US, UK, Canada, and many other countries. (See here for additional information on Paul Larudee.)
- According to PCFW’s original website, the organization claims to be “a non-political, non-religious enterprise whose aspirations are purely humanitarian and for the purpose of emancipating the children of Palestine and the human rights of the people and children of Palestine.” According to the website, PCWF is “not connected with any militant or political association of any kind.”
- Currently functions as a “sister organization” of the Free Palestine Movement.
- The Free Palestine Movement is an outgrowth of the Free Gaza Movement, a radical group of internationals who have organized flotillas to “directly challenge the Israeli siege” by initiating confrontations with the Israeli navy.
- In 2015, PCWF issued an appeal to raise money to provide “blankets and food baskets” for the “infants in Gaza freezing to death.” Following the appeal, its bank refused to process the transactions and release the funds.
- There is limited information available regarding PCWF’s other activities and advocacy since 2008.
- In 2006, together with the Holy Land Trust (HLT), PCWF organized a “Children’s March to Rachel’s Tomb.” According to a statement on HLT’s website, “The youth reportedly “carried green, red, black and white balloons and banners in different languages, with a common theme: ‘Down with the Israeli Occupation, tear down this wall’. The balloons and banners were designed to symbolize the Palestinian flag and freedom for the Palestinian youth.”
- When the original website was still functioning, PCWF maintained an active discussion board, which become a forum for radical agendas. One message accused Israel of committing a “Palestinian Holocaust” and a “reign of terror” against the Palestinian people. A second message equated the actions of former Israeli prime minister Ariel Sharon with those of Adolf Hitler, stating: “I give you Adolf Hitler, killer of jews/ I give you Sharon, killer of Palestinians.”
All Articles about Palestine Children's Welfare Fund (PCWF)