NGO campaigns in the Lebanon War 2006
Analyses and Commentary on NGO campaigns in the war
- Divining Victory: Airpower in the 2006 Israel-Hezbollah War (Book Review), John P. Hunerwadel, Air & Space Power Journal, Spring, 2008.
- "Two pernicious myths have emerged from Israel’s campaign against Hezbollah in southern Lebanon in the summer of 2006. The first is that Israel indiscriminately bombed civilian population and infrastructure. The second is that Israel failed to defeat Hezbollah because it chose airpower as its principal military instrument. William Arkin, the well-known independent military analyst, explodes both myths in his new book, Divining Victory."
- HRW’s Cluster Munitions Report: Under the Façade, NGO Monitor, February 17, 2008.
- White Paper: Putting the Impact of Cluster Munitions In Context with the Effects of All Explosive Remnants of War, U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Political-Military Affairs, Washington, DC, February 15, 2008.
- IDF investigation concludes that use of cluster munitions in 2006 Lebanon war did not violate international law, December 25, 2007
- "Author of US Air Force Study of 2nd Lebanon War dismisses criticism of Israel ‘war crimes’ as baseless", Steven Erlanger, The New York Times, October 14, 2007
- "Musings on Media Coverage of the Middle East", Prof. Barry Rubin, Global Politican, September 16, 2007
- "HRW, Foreign Ministry clash over Lebanon civilian deaths", Dan Izenberg, The Jerusalem Post, September 06, 2007
- The Israeli-Hezbollah War of 2006: The Media As A Weapon in Asymmetrical Conflict Marvin Kalb, Joan Shorenstein Center on the Press, Politics and Public Policy, Harvard University, February 2007
"Human Rights Watch: Troubling Report", Avi Bell, The New York Sun, January 3, 2007
Amnesty and HRW Claims Discredited in Detailed Report, NGO Monitor, December 28, 2006
"How Should Israel Respond to War Crimes Accusations from the War in Lebanon?", Avi Bell, Jerusalem Issue Brief, Vol. 6, No. 13, November 9, 2006
Hizbullah’s Use of Lebanese Civilians as Human Shields, Dr. Reuven Erlich (Lt. Col. Ret.), November 1, 2006
"Overkill: NGOs and Media Coverage of the Israel-Lebanon Conflict," presentation by Gerald M. Steinberg.
Overkill: NGO Responses to the 2006 Israel-Lebanon Conflict, NGO Monitor, September 25, 2006
HRW receives unprecedented public criticism for its attacks on Israeli actions in Lebanon, NGO Monitor, August 29, 2006
NGOs in the Lebanon War – NGO Monitor, September 10, 2006 – Covering July 12 through September 10
NGO Responses to Lebanon War – Update, NGO Monitor, July 25, 2006 (Updated July 27, 2006)
NGOs quick to exploit Lebanon crisis to attack Israel, NGO Monitor, July 18, 2006