Table of Contents:
- Christian Aid Exploits Christmas
- Exchange with Rev Robin Morrison, Church in Wales
- "Peace and Goodwill to All Men?" – Responses to NGO Monitor’s Christian Aid Analysis
- Who Heads Christian Aid? – The Guardian Profiles CA’s Director Daleep Mukar
- Christian Aid Summary Report (Updated Dec.2004)
Summary: On November 9th, a Palestinian seeking passage at an Israeli checkpoint near Nablus, was videotaped playing his violin by a member of Machsom Watch. CAMERA takes issue with the resulting media coverage that charged Israeli soldiers sought to humiliate the Palestinian musician.
European Commission Funds Physicians for Human Rights Palestinian Prisoners Conference
The European Commission funded a 9 December 2004 conference in Tel Aviv organized by Physicians for Human Rights – Israel – "Breaking the Body and the Spirit – Palestinian Prisoners and Detainees in Israeli Custody." According to PHR-I, the conference dealt with "the issue of Palestinian prisoners and detainees held in Israeli custody and their role in national struggles and reconciliation processes. Speakers from North Ireland, South Africa and the occupied Palestinian territories will participate, films will be screened and testimonies of prisoners still in jail will be read throughout the event."
In keeping with PHR-I’s radical agenda and exploitation of human rights rhetoric, there is no acknowledgement of the link between the prisoners and terrorism. Instead, terrorism is described as part of a "national struggle" and the terrorists elevated to the status of political prisoners – with the assistance and support of the European Commission.
Finnish Embassy "No Longer Funding Local NGOs"
In response to requests from NGO Monitor for information regarding the funding of various NGOs by the Embassy of Finland in Tel Aviv, Embassy officials stated that Finnish money was "no longer being channeled to local NGOs". In the past, the Embassy of Finland funded a number of politicized NGOs including Physicians for Human Rights – Israel, HaMoked, the International Commission of Jurists, and the World Organization Against Torture. In contrast to the Finnish Embassy’s statement, PHR-I and HaMoked continue to list the Embassy as a donor.
- 24 Nov 2004: Human Rights Watch Joins Anti-Israel Boycott Campaign
- Infofile: PASSIA – Palestinian Academic Society for the Study of Intl. Affairs
- NGOs Advertise Positions in Middle East – Save the Children, Oxfam and HRW Seek New Staff
- Gerald M. Steinberg, "Abusing the Holocaust: The Role of NGOs in Exploiting Human Rights to Demonize Israel."
- Gerald M. Steinberg, "Human Rights Groups Are Working Against Peace."
- Yaakov Lappin, "UNRWA’s Shady Donors." (Article no longer available)
- Liora Norwich, "B’Tselem and IDF: Unlikely Partners." (Article no longer available)
- Anne Bayefsky, "Your Tax Dollars at Work."