Table of Contents:
- Special Edition: 09 July 2004 Political NGOs and the ICJ Advisory opinion on Israel’s separation barrier: Background and analysis
- Special Edition: 04 July 2004 Al Mezan (Madison/Rafah "Sister City" Proposal)
- Christian Aid Summary Report
- CARE USA – An NGO Focused on Humanitarian Concerns
- I’LAM – The Facade of Human Rights and Democratic Principles
- Amnesty International Update
- Additional NGO Monitor Notes and Links
Special Edition: 09 July 2004 Political NGOs and the ICJ Advisory opinion on Israel’s separation barrier: Background and analysis
The Madison, Wisconsin city council is debating a proposal to "adopt" the Palestinian city of Rafah in Gaza. If approved, the Al Mezan Palestinian NGO would represent Rafah in this process. The following report provides information and analysis on Al Mezan and its activities.
This powerful British charity continues to engage in the demonization of Israel, campaigning politically against Israeli policies while offering visiting parliamentarians a one-sided view of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
The Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere, Inc fulfils its humanitarian objectives without participating in political campaigns and demonization of Israel, thus serving as an example of a professional and balanced NGO operating in the Middle East.
The Media Center for Arab Palestinians in Israel, funded by the EU and other sources, deliberately distorts Israel’s democracy and freedom of the press to serve its own agenda behind the guise of human rights.
Amnesty’s summary of events in Israel and the Palestinian territories draws an amoral equivalence between the terrorists and their victims, while failing to recognize the Palestinian terrorism that has necessitated IDF operations to prevent the murders of Israeli civilians.
Description: Advancing democracy, pluralism and mutual respect in the Middle East
- Palestinian Legislative Council rejects NGO Anti-Terror Pledge
Author: Khaled Abu Toameh
Date: June 2, 2004
Source: Jerusalem Post
- Anti-Israel NGO Blasted
Date: June 1, 2004
- Full Text of Supreme Court Gaza Decision on Human Rights and Anti-Terror Operations
Date: May 30, 2004
- NGO Committee Suspends 2004 Session, Defers Action on Applications of Four Organizations for Consultative Status with Economic and Social Council
Date: May 28, 2004
Source: UN Press Release
- The Present International Rules of War Enable and Protect Terror
Author: Alan M. Dershowitz
Date: May 28, 2004
Source: Baltimore Sun
- Justice Barak: "The Role of Judges is to Balance Between Security and Human Rights"
Author: Yuval Yoaz
Date: May 25, 2004
- The Tragedy of Israel
Author: Melanie Phillips
Date: May 24, 2004
Source: Melanie Phillip’s Diary
- Arafat at Heart of Rights Abuse Report
Author: Gethin Chamberlain
Date: May 15, 2004
Source: The Scotsman