United Nations Childrens Fund (UNICEF)
- Website: www.unicef.org
- Created in 1946 by the UN, "to work with others to overcome the obstacles that poverty, violence, disease and discrimination place in a child’s path."
- In 2001, 64 per cent of UNICEF income came from governments. Much of the remaining 36 per cent came from funds raised by National Committees for UNICEF and from the sale of greeting cards and products.
- UNICEF funding to organizations includes PYALARA, the "Palestinian Youth Association for Leadership and Rights Activation" (www.pyalara.org), a student-run Palestinian NGO engaging in covert political agenda and demonization of Israel.