Wi'am Palestinian Conflict Resolution and Transformation Center
|In their own words||“A grassroots organization… to improve the quality of relationships and promote peace and reconciliation in the community. It strives alongside other forces present in the community to build a society based on democratic norms and values.”|
- WI’AM’s website does not provide a complete list of donors or financial information, reflecting a lack of funding transparency.
- Based on annual reports and foreign government spending reports, donors include the United States (via the Middle East Partner Initiative), Sweden, The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) and the General Board of Global Ministries (The United Methodist Church).
- In 2013, received a $71,661 grant from the U.S. Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) and $8,451 from the General Board of Global Ministries (The United Methodist Church).
- Partners include: Amos Trust, Israel-Palestine Mission Network (IPMN), The Jerusalem Fund, KAIROS: Canadian Ecumenical Justice Initiatives, Mennonite Central Committee, Oxfam Sweden, United Church of Canada, Diakonia, The United Methodist Church, Presbyterian Church, The Marianist Fathers, Fellowship of Reconciliation, and Highland Park Methodist Church.
- Promotes boycotts, divestments and sanctions (BDS) campaigns, utilizes “apartheid” rhetoric, and seeks to demonize Israel through Christian theology.
- Maintains: “Many believe that the South African apartheid regime would not have toppled were it not for a strong BDS movement. The international community sees the use of BDS as a positive way to end the occupation. The world needs to be liberated from this guilty feeling that Israel has tried to instill in them and the world should be helping Israel shed its victim identity through BDS.”
- Utilizes antisemitic rhetoric, saying: “We [the Palestinians] are the victims of the victims of the holocaust, and thus its direct victims…The Palestinian people are dying on the Cross…Palestinians are taken from the Cross-to hide the Israeli Crimes. In an attempt to silence our voice, the Israeli occupation imposes sanction and siege on our people…We are laid in the Tomb.”
- Supports the Kairos Palestine document, which denies the Jewish historical connection to the land of Israel.
- In a 2006 article, “Shoot Shoot!!!,” states: “The Palestinians are condemned!,” “The Palestinian people are dying on the Cross!,” “We [the Palestinians] are nailed to the Cross,” “We [the Palestinians] are laid in the Tomb!!”
- Distorts the context of terror saying, “…what is viewed as violence is different for the Palestinians and Israelis. The violence referred to by the Israelis, and their ally, is insurgent violence, which is the result of the systemic violence that has plagued the Palestinian people for many years at the hand of their occupier.”
- Founder and director Zoughbi Zoughbi, who is also a member of the Mennonite Central Committee Palestine Advisory Committee, signed a 2011 Christmas greeting, saying: “The magi will not be able to visit Bethlehem because… the apartheid wall… will stand in their path.” The message further states: “Your calls to adopt BDS are a blessed message of nonviolence, resisting the ugly violence of the occupation to bring the occupiers to their senses.”
All Articles about Wi'am Palestinian Conflict Resolution and Transformation Center