- Headed by Anwar al-Gharbi (also known as Anouar Gharbi).
- Anwar al-Gharbi a founding member and representative of the European Campaign to Lift the Siege on Gaza.
- Leader of the Gaza Flotilla (May 2010) (also see this post and here); involved with a Swiss vessel to form part of Freedom Flotilla 2 (scheduled for May 2011), and participated in a previous flotilla attempt in September 2008.
- In March 2011, attempted to have Israeli President Shimon Peres arrested in Switzerland for war crimes based on “the UN’s Goldstone report.”
- The Global Muslim Brotherhood Daily (blog) has connected Anwar al-Gharbi to the Union of Good, a coalition of Islamic charities that provides financial support to Hamas and is headed by the Muslim Brotherhood. The Turkish group IHH, which was responsible for the May 2010 flotilla, is a member of this coalition.
- A trade and financial registry suggests a financial connection between Mr. Gharbi and the Association de Secours Palestinien.
- This Association has been linked directly to Hamas and named as a group under sanctions due to their terrorist activities by the U.S. Treasury.
- Rights for All partnered with North-South 21 (an NGO linked to the Qaddafi regime) and the European Network to Support the Rights of the Palestinian Prisoners (“UFree”) in February 2011 to host the First International Conference on the Rights of Palestinian Prisoners and Detainees to counter “Israeli media misinformation working on concealing the truth and showing Israel as a democratic state.”
- In November 2008, involved with “largest-ever parliamentary delegation” (from European and Arab states) to visit Gaza.
- Rights for All claims: “We wish to establish a clear difference between Zionism and antisemitism and to vehemently condemn those who support the crimes of Hitler and advocating anti-Jewish doctrines!” (unofficial translation)
- Group “strongly denounced” the PA for arbitrary arrests of Hamas members in the West Bank.
Archive of Articles about Rights for All