Table of Contents:
- Special Edition: 26 August 2004 Asleep at the Wheel: Comparing the Performance of Human Rights NGO’s on Sudan and Arab-Israeli Issues
- World Vision International’s Pro-Palestinian Agenda
- New Israel Fund Update
- NGOs Political Campaign against Israel’s Citizenship Law Continues
- Betselem Update
- Additional NGO Monitor Notes and Links
Special Edition: 26 August 2004 Asleep at the Wheel: Comparing the Performance of Human Rights NGO’s on Sudan and Arab-Israeli Issues
Summary: This article analyzes human rights NGO activity on Sudan prior to January 2003 and after, compared to the Israeli-Palestinian focus, and demonstrates the belated recognition of the tragedy in Sudan.
Tacit support for terror and a highly politicized agenda reflecting anti-Israel rhetoric and biased history, under the guise of "development assistance and justice."
Support continues for NGOs leading the demonization campaign against Israel, including Adalah, HaMoked, I’lam, Mossawa Center and the Arab Association for Human Rights.
HRW, Amnesty and Adalah have resumed their campaign which lacks a comparative framework and reflects blatant political goals.
A report ostensibly on policies related to use of roads by Palestinians is inaccurate, uses the language of demonization, including ‘apartheid’ , and trivializes legitimate Israeli anti-terror requirements.
The Legality of Israel’s Separation Barrier
- Gerald M. Adler LLM. JSD, "Separation Barrier, Closures and Checkpoints in ‘Occupied Palestinian Territories’ and Postscript to the International Court of Justice Decision on the Barrier," August 2, 2004.
- Anne Bayefsky, "Had Enough? National Review Online, July 17, 2004.
- Charles Krauthammer, "Travesty at the Hague," Washington Post, July 16, 2004.
NGO News Reports
- "[With IDF reply]: PHR-Israel – Petition to High Court: End Dire Situation at Rafah Crossing," IMRA, July 29, 2004.
- Robert Spencer, "Sudan’s Silent Jihad," FrontPageMagazine.com, July 29, 2004.
- "UN Watch Files Proceedings to Terminate Special Rapporteur’s Mandate," UN Watch, July 20, 2004
- Melanie Phillips, "The Defining Issue," London Daily Mail, July 21, 2004.
- "Diabetes Voice" & Medecins Sans Frontires Exploited to Demonize Israel, Date: July 27, 2004