Table of Contents:
The European Social Forum – NGO’S in the Service of Anti-Semitism
This major gathering of NGOs associated with radical left-wing and anti-globalization causes included a wide range of extremist anti-Israel activities in its program.
This coalition of Canadian churches and religious organizations takes radical positions on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, exploiting the vocabulary of human rights for political and ideological goals using the language of demonization.
Exchange of Correspondence: Ronald J.R. Mathies, the Executive Director of the MCC, and NGO Monitor engage in dialogue and debate in response to an October NGO Monitor analysis of the MCC’s activities.
The Belgian Senator and anti-Israel activist leads a demonstration against Israel’s security barrier while demanding EU sanctions on Israel and the deployment of a UN multinational force "to protect Palestinians".
Additional NGO Monitor Notes and Links
NGO Monitor Special Editions
NGO Monitor Analysis of Interview with Kenneth Roth, Head of Human Rights Watch — 5 November 2004, the Jerusalem Post
Summary: NGO Monitor analyzes a Jerusalem Post interview with Kenneth Roth, head of Human Rights Watch, in which he responded to evidence of bias and ideological exploitation of the rhetoric of universal human rights. Roth’s claims included a number of false and unsupported statements.
Date: October 21, 2004
Christian Aid: Report Uses Humanitarian Aims to Promote Political Bias
Summary: Christian Aid claims to be a charitable and humanitarian organization, but the main focus of its activities on Arab-Israeli issues is political. Its publication, "Facts on the ground: The end of the two-state solution?", presents a simplistic and highly partisan analysis that reflects that lack of competence in this area.
Date: October 21, 2004
HRW’S Report on Gaza: Lacking Credibility and Reflecting a Political Agenda
Summary: HRW’s condemnation of IDF efforts to end lethal missile smuggling into Gaza cites Palestinian "eye-witnesses", journalists, and a few "experts", in the service of the goal of delegitimizing Israeli security policy. Satellite photos not-withstanding, this is a political report without credibility.
Date: October 18, 2004
- "UN Watch: Report Analyzing 13 Years UN Votes on Arab-Israeli Conflict," UN Watch, November 4, 2004.
- Simon Plosker, "HRW’s Shattered Credibility," (letter), Jerusalem Post, November 11, 2004.
- "Dershowitz: It is a War Crime for Terrorists to Hide Among Civilians," Jerusalem Post, October 20, 2004.
- "HRW Falls Short," Jerusalem Post (Editorial), October 20, 2004.
NGO News Reports
- Hilary Leila Krieger, "We Don’t do Comparisons," Jerusalem Post, November 4, 2004.
- "SWC Urges Danish Prime Minister to Ban NGO That Financially Backs Palestinian Terrorist Group – Urges UNICEF to Denounce Recruitment of Teens as Suicide Bombers," Simon Wisenthal Center, October 27, 2004.
- "Palestinian Authority: Stop Use of Children in Suicide Bombings ," Human Rights Watch, October 27, 2004.
- Dan Izenberg, "Barak: Israel Should Rethink Demolitions," Jerusalem Post October 27, 2004.