|In their own words||“…Palestinian civic, non-governmental, and non-partisan organization that aims at promoting among the Palestinian people in general, and the Palestinian youth in particular, a culture of tolerance and respect for human rights, as well as the education to [sic] the values of democracy, good governance, and the freedoms of thought and expression.”|
Funding provided by the Government of Sweden, the British Government’s Department for International Development (additional information on EU and UK funding of NGOs available here), US-based National Endowment for Democracy, and other sources.
- RCHRS is a member of the International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) and a member of The Palestinian Non-Governmental Organizations Network (PNGO), both of which are prominent in anti-Israel campaigns.
- In addition to some activities that are consistent with its mission, RCHRS also has a highly politicized agenda supporting the Palestinian narrative and anti-Israel campaigning, muting the context of terror, and referring to Palestinian terrorists as “martyrs”.
- Following the March 2002 suicide bombing attacks and the 2002 “Operation Defensive Shield”, RCHRS issued a statement promoting the false claim that Israel committed “massacres” in Jenin and Nablus. RCHRS has also accused Israel of “terrirorist [sic] crimes,” and making children the “sacrifice for the racial hatred [sic].”
- A September 2007 statement condemned Israel’s security policies in the West Bank and Gaza misusing legal terminology, such as “collective punishment” and “violations of the principles of international laws and conventions”. Other examples call for “the international community to exert some pressure on the Israeli Government that would deter it from violating the international law” and that “all world countries should adhere to their ethical and political responsibilities in putting an end for the Israeli racial aggression.”
- Board of Trustees includes Azmi Bishara (former Israeli member of Knesset who fled after the 2006 Lebanon war after being charged with spying for Hezbollah). RCHRS is often used as a vehicle on behalf of Bishara.