Women’s Affairs Technical Committee (WATC)
|In their own words||“We endeavor to build women’s framework and mobilize their energies to advocate for the rights of Palestinian women and monitor commitment with such rights in a manner consistent with national references and international covenants.”|
- Total income for 2013 was $908,515; expenses were $880,133 (latest available; accessed October 26, 2016).
- 2013 donors include: Care International, Open Society Foundation, France (French Consulate), NGO Development Center, Norwegian Church Aid, UN Women- Spring Forward, and United Nations Development Program (UNDP) (See below for funding table).
- WATC received $530,000 in core funding for 2014-16 from the Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law Secretariat (joint funding from Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, and the Netherlands).
- Between 2009–2010, WATC received $103,500 from the National Endowment for Democracy (US).
- On March 8, 2016, WATC was a signatory to the “Palestinian Women’s Call for Worldwide Women’s Endorsement of BDS,” which called on women and feminists to join BDS campaigns because the “the Israeli regime of occupation, settler-colonialism and apartheid has for decades denied the Palestinian people our inalienable right to self-determination.”
- On July 19, 2014, WATC published an ad calling for a boycott stating, “I boycott the Israeli malls and the products of the settlements. Do you? For Al-Aqsa. For the Shahidim [Martyrs]. For the prisoners. For Palestine.”
- Signatory to the 2005 “Palestinian Civil Society Call for BDS,” which calls for an end to Israel’s “occupation and colonization of all Arab lands.”
All Articles about Women’s Affairs Technical Committee (WATC)