Palestinian Center for Democracy and Conflict Resolution
|In their own words||“work to promote democratic principles, enhance human rights in general and for vulnerable groups in particular, foster tolerance and social peace, justice, accountability and gender equality, consolidate good governance regime in adherence to transparency and integrity.”|
- In 2016, total income was $1.6 million; total expenses were $1.8 million.
- 2016 donors include Norway, United States (National Endowment for Democracy), Save the Children, Terre des Hommes, Norwegian People’s Aid, and the United Nations. (See table below for further funding information.)
- In 2016-2018, PCDCR received NOK 38.9 million from Norwegian People’s Aid.
- PCDCR is a partner on a NOK 22.6 million (2019-2023) grant from Save the Children Norway. Other partners include Ma’an News Agency, the Palestinian Ministry of Social Development, UNRWA, TAMER, Save Youth Future, and Birzeit University.
- Website lists full funding history starting from 1999.
- PCDCR refers to Palestinian “victims of Gaza holocaust,” accuses Israel of “state terrorism,” and supported the discredited 2009 Goldstone Report, which accused Israel of “war crimes,” “crimes against humanity,” and deliberately targeting “the people of Gaza as a whole.”
- Participates in discriminatory campaigns such as “Love in the Time of Apartheid Campaign: The Palestinian Campaign for Repealing Israel’s Racist Law Denying Family Reunification.”
- Promotes political and legal warfare against Israel. Together with Al-Mezan, Addameer, Palestinian NGO Network, and Badil, PCDCR signed on a “Joint Call to Action: July 2014 – Month against the Apartheid Wall,” stating: “….it is time for a ‘legal intifada’, an intensified popular struggle and more boycotts, divestment and sanctions. It is time for accountability…. to overcome Israeli apartheid, colonialism and occupation. We ask you to expand and deepen the global BDS movement for justice…”
- PCDCR is a partner on a legal project by the Norwegian Refugee Council involved with hundreds of cases in Israeli courts. A lawyer with the program reportedly stated that the purpose was to “try every possible legal measure to disrupt the Israeli judicial system … to increase the workload of the courts and the Supreme Court to such an extent that there will be a blockage”
- In 2003, General Director Saeed el-Maqadmah published a report, “Impact of Israeli Practices on Development of Children’s Aggressive Behaviour,” alleging that “Israeli policies aim to create such imbalance especially for the children who are the heirs to the Palestinian issue.” The publication was followed by a campaign for “Universal Children Day,” showing the international community the “suffering of the Palestinian children caused by the Israeli occupation and years of blockade.”
- In 2014, Deputy Director Iyad Abu Hjayer signed a public letter accusing Israel of “the intended genocide of 1.8 million Palestinians living in the Gaza Strip” and “indiscriminate  shelling.”
- Endorsed the making of the film “Stay Human” (2012) which alleges “22 days of massacre during the military operation called ‘Cast Lead‘, unleashed by the Israeli government against the Gaza Strip’s civilians…The historical document of a crime against humanity, today still unpunished by the international community.”
2016 Funding to PCDCR (amounts in $US)
|National Endowment for Democracy (United States)||57,700
|Norwegian People's Aid||115,009
|Save the Children||225,938
|Terre des Hommes||30,532
All Articles about Palestinian Center for Democracy and Conflict Resolution