Click here for a printable version of this factsheet [PDF]
- Website: www.alternativenews.org
- Claims to “engage in dissemination of information, political advocacy, grassroots activism and critical analysis of the Palestinian and Israeli societies as well as the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.”
- AIC provides commentaries via its website and supports four journals dealing with issues related to AIC pro-Palestinian activism, the Palestinian economy, and criticism of Israeli policies.
- According to the AIC, “the most urgent regional task is to find a just solution to the century-old colonial conflict in Palestine and confront the ongoing Israeli occupation-regime within its international framework.”
- Co-founder of AIC, Michael Warschawski asserts that “one has to unequivocally reject the very idea (and existence) of a Jewish state, whatever will be its borders.” (The Haifa Conference for the Right of Return, June 2008). For many years, Warschawski and other AIC officials have been featured speakers at similar UN-sponsored conferences “ in Support of the Palestinian People.”
- AIC has accused Israel of ethnic cleansing, and has published articles minimizing the actions of convicted murderer Samir Kuntar (freed in the 2008 exchange with Hezbollah) and the bulldozer terror attacks in Jerusalem of July 2008.
- In 2008, AIC received support from the Advocacy Project, Diakonia, Christian Aid (funds from the Irish government), ICCO (which was their largest donor in 2008 - over 500,000NIS), and other European organizations.