Alternative Information Center (AIC)
|In their own words||Claims to “engage in information dissemination, as well as political advocacy… and critical analysis on the Palestinian and Israeli societies as well as the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.”|
- While the AIC does not publish its annual income, it does publish quarterly financial reports on donations from foreign entities. Based on quarterly financial reports submitted to the Israeli Registrar of Non-Profits, AIC received NIS 1,094,394 in foreign donations in 2013 and NIS 1,363,271 in 2012 (latest available; accessed May 16, 2016). (See table below for detailed funding information).
- 2012/2013 Donors include: Diakonia (Sweden), ICCO, Mundubat (Spain), France (via CCFD, UJFP, Commission Nationale Consultative des Droits de, and Foundation France), and the Geneva Municipality.
- In 2011-2014, the AIC was a partner organization on a grant worth €371,602 from the EU under its Partnership for Peace (PfP) programme for a project aiming “to monitor activities of settlers and the IDF in the Southern Hebron Hills… The information on settlers and IDF violations gathered during the daily accompanying work are provided to human rights NGOs and media.”
- Founded “by Palestinian and Israeli grassroots activists as a binational organisation to promote the human and national rights of the Palestinian people.
- Political Advocacy: Accuses Israel of “ethnic cleansing,” “apartheid-like discrimination,” of being a “settler colonialist… intransigent, racist and militarized… regime,” and implementing a “multi-tiered system of oppression.”
- AIC activities include providing political commentaries via its website, promoting BDS (boycotts, divestment, and sanctions), organizing the “Apartheid Law Seminar,” and publishing journals that advocate its policies.
- According to the AIC, “the most urgent regional task is to find a just solution to the century-old colonial conflict in Palestine and confront the ongoing Israeli occupation-regime within its international framework.”?
- Co-founder of AIC, Michael Warschawski asserts that “one has to unequivocally reject the very idea (and existence) of a Jewish state, whatever will be its borders.” (The Haifa Conference for the Right of Return, June 2008).
- In a 2009 article, “Yes to Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS),” Warschawski claims that there are “similarities” between Israel and the South African apartheid regime: “both are racist states with (different kinds of) apartheid. He goes on to state: “For us, Zionism is not a national liberation movement but a colonial movement, and the State of Israel is and has always been a settlers’ colonial state. Peace, or, better, justice, cannot be achieved without a total decolonization (one can say de-Zionisation) of the Israeli State; it is a precondition for the fulfillment of the legitimate rights of the Palestinians—whether refugees, living under military occupation or second-class citizens of Israel.”
- An article, “No to normalization, yes to joint struggle,” (February 20, 2014), advocates that “normalisation [with Israel] is betrayal of the homeland” and describes a series of conferences organized by Palestinian groups, including the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) terror organization.
- Published a template email (February 2014) urging readers to “send a message to your Ministry of Foreign Affairs and ask them to uphold international law and oppose Israel’s violations of Palestinian human rights by publishing warning to business about the problems and risk associated with doing business” with Israel.
Partial list of foreign donations based on reports to Israeli Registrar of Non-Profits (amounts in NIS)
|Papa Giovannia XXIII (EU)||74,539||77,038
|Commission Nationale Consultative des Droits (France)||71,760||
|Alternative Tourism Group||147,343
All Articles about Alternative Information Center (AIC)