Palestinian Center for Peace and Democracy (PCPD)
|In their own words||“to promote just peace based on the Palestinian Declaration of Independence of 1988 and relevant United Nations Resolutions towards a two state solution, in which democracy and social justice are guaranteed.”|
- The Palestinian Center for Peace and Democracy does not include any financial data on its website, reflecting a complete lack of transparency and accountability.
- Donors include the European Union, Netherlands, Kvinna till Kvinna (Sweden), PAX (Netherlands), ifa (Germany), forumZFD (Germany), and the Mennonite Central Committee.
- The Palestinian Center for Peace and Democracy (PCPD) “helps  communities form lobbying groups, adopting organized democratic approaches in order to advocate officials at all levels: whether on the presidential, governmental, legislative, or in leadership of political parties.”
- Seeks “to develop capacities of civil society organisations and activists and revive voluntary work and community participation as a means to liberate the Palestinian society from the occupation and all forms of backwardness based on the values of human rights, tolerance, participation, accountability and the rule of law.”
- Utilizes highly biased and inaccurate language, alleging Israeli “Judaization,” “systematic marginalization” of the Palestinian population and “exploiting [Palestinian] natural resources.” It further claims that the “Gaza blockade… has been accentuated by a donor boycott of the Gaza Strip under the guise of the ‘War on Terror,’” thereby dismissing the legitimate threat posed by Hamas terror emanating from the Gaza Strip.
- Organizes a Facebook group titled, “Youth: Occupied,” which serves as a platform for the PCPD project “Palestinian Voices for Change,” promoting a biased and distorted narrative of the conflict.
- In June 2021, PCPD was a signatory on a statement calling to “expel the apartheid state from the United Nations.” According to the statement, “ the fundamental reason for the conditions in the whole of occupied Palestine is due to… the continuation of the policies of the usurping entity of Palestine in 1948, and the complicity of the dominant colonial states in the brutal capitalist system with the policies of the occupying state and apartheid.”
- In May 2021, during the 2021 Gaza conflict, PCPD Policy Adviser Naseef Muallem stated, “It was Netanyahu’s wish to receive missiles from Gaza. He’s trying to lure us to his military playground because he can’t play in our nonviolent playground.”
- In July 2020, PCPD was a signatory on a statement calling for “Immediate targeted sanctions to stop Israel’s annexation and apartheid.” The statement further called for “A ban on arms trade and military-security cooperation with Israel,” “Suspension of trade and cooperation agreements with Israel,” and “Investigation and prosecution of individuals and corporate actors responsible for war crimes/crimes against humanity in the context of Israel’s regime of illegal occupation and apartheid.”
- In November 2017, PNGO, of which PCPD is a member, was a signatory on a call to support “A World Without Walls,” drawing comparisons between “Israel’s apartheid wall on Palestinian land to the US wall of Shame on indigenous land at the border with Mexico.”
- In May 2014, PCPD hosted a “Return Festival” to “revive the 66th memory of the Nakba.” The festival aimed to “emphasize the right of return and to consolidate it into children and young generations…[and] emphasize the right of return and to consolidate it into children and young generations.”
- Claimed that “In 2007 (sic), Operation Cast Lead was launched by Israel, underlying the asymmetry in force between Israel and Palestine,” thereby presenting a distorted narrative of the conflict and omitting Hamas terror against Israeli civilians as well as Israel’s legitimate right to self-defense.
- Supports anti-Israel BDS, including signing a petition in May 2005 calling for the academic boycott of Israel.
- Member of the Palestinian NGO Network (PNGO), which was instrumental in producing many of the preparatory documents for the Durban 2001 conference including the document calling for embargoes on Israel.
All Articles about Palestinian Center for Peace and Democracy (PCPD)