Palestinian Center for Peace and Democracy (PCPD)
|In their own words||“to promote just peace based on the Palestinian Declaration of Independence of 1988 and relevant United Nations Resolutions towards a two state solution, in which democracy and social justice are guaranteed.”|
- According to its website, PCPD’s “vision is to be a pioneering and progressive organisation working in the field of political and democratic development within the borders of a free and independent Palestinian state that has a parliamentary democracy system, respects human rights in general and women’s rights in particular and guarantees social justice to all its citizens.”
- Seeks “to develop capacities of civil society organisations and activists and revive voluntary work and community participation as a means to liberate the Palestinian society from the occupation and all forms of backwardness based on the values of human rights, tolerance, participation, accountability and the rule of law.”
- Supports and promotes anti-Israel BDS (boycotts, divestments and sanctions) campaigns. In 2005, PCPD was one of 100 Palestinian social movements to endorse a statement released by the Palestinian Grassroots Anti-Apartheid Wall Campaign (“Stop the Wall”), re-asserting the call for a comprehensive academic boycott of “Apartheid Israel.”
- Utilizes highly biased and inaccurate language, alleging Israeli “Judaization of East Jerusalem,” “systematic marginalization” of the Palestinian population and “exploiting [Palestinian] natural resources.” It further claims that the “Gaza blockade… has been accentuated by a donor boycott of the Gaza Strip under the guise of the ‘War on Terror,’” thereby dismissing the legitimate threat posed by Hamas terror emanating from the Gaza Strip.
- Aims to “strengthen Palestinian public opinion in support of international legitimacy, international law, and relevant UN resolutions toward freedom, independence, and right of return.” Such goals circumvent Israeli-Palestinian negotiations, while a Palestinian “right of return,” would effectually mean the elimination of Israel as the nation state of the Jewish people.
- Claimed that “In 2007 (sic), Operation Cast Lead was launched by Israel, underlying the asymmetry in force between Israel and Palestine,” thereby presenting a distorted narrative of the conflict and omitting Hamas terror against Israeli civilians as well as Israel’s legitimate right to self-defense.
- Organizes “awareness raising sessions in Ramallah schools on the Palestinian Declaration of independence” and seeks to “raise awareness, mobilize and empower our target groups to embrace the Declarations of Independence program, and propose appropriate and effective mechanisms of resistance… “
- Organizes a Facebook group titled, “Youth: Occupied,” which serves as a platform for the PCPD project “Palestinian Voices for Change,” promoting a biased and distorted narrative of the conflict.
All Articles about Palestinian Center for Peace and Democracy (PCPD)