|In their own words||An "international women's human rights organization that works in partnership with women's community based groups...to develop long term solutions to the crisis they face."|
- In 2015 had reported income of $3.7 million and reported expenses of $3.8 million.
- There is no list of sponsors on the MADRE website.
- According to the Ford Foundation website, MADRE is a “Ford Foundation grantee.” This is not reflected in the Ford Foundation’s grants database.
- MADRE was a major participant in the NGO forum of the Durban Conference on Racism in 2001, including a highly biased presentation on the history of Palestinian refugees.
- MADRE’s political agenda is also reflected in the partnership formed with the Palestinian NGO Ibdaa, a “refugee community center” engaged in virulently anti-Israel activities.
- MADRE’s publications on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict are characterized by extreme distortions in the service of a political agenda, rejecting Israeli security concerns and placing Palestinian terror in the context of the “right to resist military occupation.”
- For NGO Monitor’s report on MADRE, click here
Archive of Articles about MADRE