Formerly known as the US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation
|Founded||Founded in 2001 as a “national coalition working to end all U.S. support for Israel’s military occupation and apartheid policies toward Palestinians.”|
- 2014 income of $546,142 (accessed April 5, 2016).
- Claims the it “receives the vast majority of its funding from relatively small individual donations throughout the country” and that the “[g]enerous support from a large base of diverse supporters ensures that the US Campaign can remain principled, independent, and not reliant on a small group of foundations or government grants.”
- Research reveals that on December 7, 2015, it received a grant of $30,000 (under the name of Education for Just Peace in the Middle East) from the Rockefeller Brothers Fund for one year.
Member organizations include leaders of BDS campaigns against Israel and highly biased NGOs, such as Jewish Voices for Peace, National Lawyers Guild, Palestine Legal, American Friends Service Committee, CODEPINK, US Campaign for Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel, Christian Peacemakers Teams, Israel Palestine Mission Network – Presbyterian Church (U.S.A), Friends of Sabeel, various chapters of Students for Justice in Palestine, and others.
- A leader and mobilizer of anti-Israel BDS (boycotts, divestment and sanctions) campaigns.
- Accuses Israel of maintaining a “matrix of control” over the Palestinian population and enacting “laws that discriminate against [Palestinians], much as Black Americans had been treated during the Jim Crow era.”
- Initiated a 2016 campaign, urging actors and directors nominated for Academy Awards to reject the all-expenses paid trip to Israel and “refuse this cynical attempt to enlist them in putting a pretty face in Israeli’s regime of oppression.”
- Maintains campaigns to boycott and divest from companies including HP, G4S, and Airbnb.
- In 2016, called on Airbnb to “stop listing vacation rentals in Israeli settlements,” alleging they were “built on stolen Palestinian land.” The group claims that “[t]hrough earning fees from settlement vacation rentals, Airbnb is directly profiting from the continuing occupation and dispossession of Palestinians.”
- US Campaigns regularly lobbies the United States government to end military and financial aid to Israel, supporting “its brutal military occupation of the Palestinian West Bank, East Jerusalem, and Gaza Strip.”
- Provides resources for students who are interesting in “pursuing BDS campaigns on their campuses.”
- Publishes “Policy Agenda[s]” calling for the US government to oppose Israeli settlements in the West Bank and Gaza and challenge anti-BDS legislation.