|In their own words||A “grassroots movement of Arabs and Jews working to break down the walls of racism and segregation by constructing a true Arab-Jewish partnership. Together we strive for a future of equality, justice and peace through concrete, daily, non-violent actions of solidarity to end the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories and to achieve full civil equality for all.”|
- Does not publish financial information, reflecting a lack of transparency and accountability.
- According to NGO Monitor research, Ta’ayush is fiscally sponsored by the Alliance for Global Justice, an American non-profit organization that “envision[s] societies which explore and implement alternatives to the unjust domination of government, global financial institutions and multinational corporations.” This enables Ta’ayush to receive tax-exempt donations in the United States.
- According to its website, “the activists of Ta’ayush were always concentrated on field work. Documentation (written or photographic) was and will continue to be secondary to this.”
- Ta’ayush is not registered in Israel as an NGO or any other legal entity.
- Promotes a narrative based solely on Palestinian victimization and Israeli aggression.
- Utilizes demonizing rhetoric claiming, “We — Arabs and Jews, Israelis and Palestinians — live surrounded by walls and barbed wire: the walls of segregation, racism, and discrimination between Jews and Arabs within Israel; the walls of Apartheid, closure and siege encircling the Palestinians in the occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip; and the wall of war surrounding all inhabitants of Israel, so long as Israel remains an armed fortress in the heart of the Middle East.”
- Posts numerous articles on its Facebook page promoting and endorsing BDS (boycotts, divestment and sanctions) campaigns against Israel.
- Active in lawfare against Israel and on September 9, 2015 published an “Appeal for urgent assistance to fund a civil suit by Mahmoud Awad against the State of Israel.”
- Ezra Nawi, a radical activist from “Ta’ayush,” was featured in a January 8, 2015 expose on Israeli investigative news program (“Uvda”, Channel 2). Nawi and B’Tselem employee Nasser Nawaja discussed informing the Palestinian Authority security services about a Palestinian man who allegedly intended to sell land to Jews in the West Bank. The sale of Palestinian land to Israelis is punishable by death under Palestinian Authority law, and according to Nawi, suspects are tortured and then killed.
- On January 11, 2016, Israel’s leading nightly news program on Channel 2 aired footage of Nawi visiting the offices of Israeli NGO Breaking the Silence (BtS). There, a BtS employee provided Nawi with NIS 1,400 in cash.
- Posted a September 2014 video on its website referring to Israeli soldiers as “[c]riminals in uniform.
- Organized a 2015 joint tour to the south of Hebron with Israeli NGO Breaking the Silence (BtS).
- BtS is highly active in the international demonization and delegitimization campaign against Israel, promoting “war crimes charges” based on anonymous and unverifiable “testimonies” of low-level soldiers who have served in the West Bank and Gaza. Despite its claims to address Israeli society, BtS’ lobbying and media advocacy campaigns focus primarily on international audiences.
- In 2014, partnered with Rabbis for Human Rights to bring “hundreds of volunteers to work side-by-side- with Palestinian farmers during Olive Harvest campaign.” According to Ta’ayush’s website, “Our presence provides protection against possible settler intimidation, enables farmers to pick within the limited number of days that they can safely do so.”
- Posted a 2015 video on its Facebook page titled “Tour of expelling Arabs and ‘sterilizing’ old city of Jerusalem.”
- Active member of Ta’ayush Neve Gordon published an article in The Los Angeles Times, stating: “So if the two-state solution is the way to stop the apartheid state, then how does one achieve this goal? I am convinced that outside pressure is the only answer… It is therefore clear to me that the only way to counter the apartheid trend in Israel is through massive international pressure… I consequently have decided to support the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement that was launched by Palestinian activists in July 2005 and has since garnered widespread support around the globe.” [emphasis added]
Click here for screenshots depicting cooperation with other organizations.
All Articles about Ta'ayush