- Sigrid Rausing Trust (SRT) is a “UK grant making foundation, founded in 1995 by Sigrid Rausing to support human rights globally. Since then, the Trust has given away approximately £299 million to human rights organisations all over the world.”
- The Trust states: “Since all political parties or movements, and all governments, have the potential to abuse human rights, we ask that our grantees’ commitment to human rights transcend political loyalties.”
- SRT supports numerous NGOs active in the Arab-Israeli conflict, some of which engage in anti-Israel delegitimization campaigns and promote a narrow political agenda inconsistent with the stated principles.
- In 2020, total income was £33.1 million; total expenses were £34.3 million.
- SRT’s finances are transparent, with past and current grantees listed clearly and details such as amounts and project duration provided.
- SRT states that it funds organizations, not projects: “Most of our grants take the form of core grants, or in other words grants that are not ear-marked for specific projects…We believe that organisations are more imaginative and innovative if they are able to follow their own ideas rather than donor-driven projects.” (emphasis added)
- One of SRT’s “Guiding Principles” is “long-term relationships with grantees.” It is unknown if and how SRT evaluates long-term grantees, and how SRT responds to false claims, bias and political exploitation of human rights by its grantees.
|Association for Civil Rights in Israel (ACRI)||£1,125,000||2010-2021|
|Aswat – Palestinian Gay Women||£150,000||2016-2019|
|Breaking the Silence||£310,000||2020-2023|
|Euro-Mediterranean Foundation Of Support To Human Rights Defenders||£900,000||2021-2024|
|Gisha – Legal Center For Freedom Of Movement||£590,000||2010-2020|
|International Commission Of Jurists||£360,000||2019-2022|
|Physicians For Human Rights - Israel||£985,000||2011-2021|
|Military Court Watch||£15,000||2018-2019|
|World Organisation Against Torture||£525,000||2021-2024|
|Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies||£100,000||2021-2022|