Palestinian Working Women's Society for Development (PWWSD)
|In their own words||"A nongovernmental organization working in Occupied Palestine, aiming for gender equality and the eradication of all forms of discrimination against women. Through empowering and mobilizing women’s participation in the struggle against the Israeli occupation, the contribution to the development processes, the promotion of woman’s political, economic and civic rights and the expansion of women’s access to justice through improving psychological well-being among women and girls, and combating gender-based violence.”|
- Founded in 1981 as the Union of Palestinian Working Women Committees. “In 2001 the organization was officially registered with the Palestinian Ministry of Interior under the name ‘Palestinian Working Women’s Society for Development.’”
- Seeks to “contribute towards building a democratic Palestinian society based on (gender) equality, social justice, and respect for human rights.”
- Utilizes highly biased and distorted rhetoric, accusing Israel of “apartheid policies,” “Judaization” of Jerusalem, and “constant violations of Human Rights.”
- Signatory to the 2005 “Palestinian Civil Society Call for BDS” against Israel, which seeks to end the “occupation and colonization of all Arab lands” and promotes the right of “Palestinian refugees to return to their homes and properties.” These goals undermine the fundamental right of the Jewish people to self-determination.
- PWWSD’s Facebook cover photo is of a Palestinian flag and a sign calling to “Boycott Israel” (accessed April 19, 2015).
- Posted a picture on Facebook (November 25, 2014) of a sign reading “Israel=terrorism,” with the name of the organization below the words.
- Promotes a Palestinian “right of return,” which, if implemented would effectually mean the end of Israel as a Jewish state.
- Published a December 21, 2014 study, “Barriers to Love, Love, and Residency Rights: A Case Study on Kufr Aqab,” alleging that “Women in occupied Palestine face social, political, and physical obstacles to marriage and family life. These include Israeli-imposed restrictions on family reunification, residency rights, and freedom of mobility.” PWWSD claims that the obstacles with which Palestinian women are confronted are due entirely to “Israeli imposed restrictions,” thus presenting an inaccurate and distorted view of the conflict, omitting the subjugation of women within Palestinian society, and ignoring Palestinian terror against Israeli civilians and Israel’s legitimate right to self-defense.
All Articles about Palestinian Working Women's Society for Development (PWWSD)