|In their own words||A “non-profit organization dedicated to promoting sustainable development in the occupied Palestinian territories and the self-reliance of the Palestinian people through greater control over their natural resources.”|
- In 2015 had reported income of $3.7 million and reported expenses of $4.5 million.
- Donors include: Spain, the EU, Sweden, Switzerland, Oxfam Novib, Rosa Luxemburg Foundation, DanChurchAid, Catholic Relief Services and the UN (see below for detailed funding information).
- Involved in three EU-funded projects from 2011-2016, under the Partnership for Peace (PfP) program, worth a combined sum of €1,540,209.
- Among the leaders of the political warfare against Israel, seeking to further boycotts, divestment and sanctions (BDS), false accusations of Israeli “apartheid” and “racism,” and support for a Palestinian “right of return”, which is inconsistent with two-state solution.
- Employs attack rhetoric of “ethnic cleansing,” “transfer,” “land grab,” “colonialization activities” in publications and claims Israel guilty of “excessive and disproportionate violations of every existing humanitarian code”.
- Seeks to map “communities targeted by Israeli activities on the ground to help assess the magnitude of the occurred damages and derive conclusions” and “obtain visual illustration of changes and damages” in order to convey such findings to “Palestinian decision makers, foreign representatives and the public at large.”
- Together with Al-Mezan, Palestinian NGO Network, Badil, and PCDCR, ARIJ signed on a “Joint Call to Action: July 2014 – Month against the Apartheid Wall,” stating: “….it is time for a ‘legal intifada’, an intensified popular struggle and more boycotts, divestment and sanctions. It is time for accountability…. to overcome Israeli apartheid, colonialism and occupation. We ask you to expand and deepen the global BDS movement for justice…”
- Published a 32-page “Christmas Alert” in 2012 (together with Kairos Palestine, a central actor in promoting BDS in churches and Christian organizations), including comparing Palestinians today with the “Parable of the Vineyard and the Tenants,” invoking classic antisemitic deicide themes, and casting Israeli Jews as “evil tenants” and the Palestinians as Jesus.
- ARIJ also produced a video Christmas message on the economic situation in the West Bank. This message is also full of false and misleading “facts,” for instance, the claim that Israel imposes a 1.5 kilometer “buffer zone” along the Gaza border. In reality, this zone was no more than 500 meters, and after “Operation Pillar of Defense” (November 2012) the buffer zone was reduced.
- Co-authored a submission in January 2013 to the Human Rights Council accusing Israel of accusations of “violence, verbal and physical abuses, inhumane and degrading treatments, forced evictions, land and property grabbing, destruction of property and housing.”
- Organized a project, funded by the European Union, “Monitoring Israeli Colonizing activities in the Palestinian West Bank and Gaza,” aimed at “inspecting and scrutinizing Israeli colonizing activities in their different forms in the Palestinian West Bank and Gaza.”
- Issues frequent reports to “shed the light on the Israeli violations taking place in the occupied Palestinian territory against lands and properties along with a map depicting the location of the affected areas.
- Accuses Israel of building “apartheid roads” which have “consolidated and strengthened the presence of Israeli colonies across the West Bank, ensuring superior access for settlers at the expense of the indigenous Palestinians.”
- Participates in discriminatory campaigns such as “Love in the Time of Apartheid Campaign: The Palestinian Campaign for Repealing Israel’s Racist Law Denying Family Reunification.”
- On October 20, 2016, ARIJ met with the Joint Advocacy Initiative’s (East Jerusalem YMCA and YWCA) Olive Picking Program for a “presentation on the Apartheid Wall and land confiscation.”
- In 2014, ARIJ accused the “Israeli water regime in the West Bank” as being a “system of apartheid that severely discriminates against Palestinians.”
- Cooperated with the radical Alternative Information Center in May 2013 for an event regarding “the Apartheid Wall Israel in the Cremisan Valley near Beit Jalla, a town adjacent to Bethlehem.”
- In 2008, ARIJ declared that “Israel Should Not Join the EU & the Nato” because of its “illegal practice of collective punishment, practice of racism, illegal military occupation, and violations of human rights.”
- In February 2013, ARIJ signed a call to end “all trade with Israeli agricultural companies that are complicit with Israel’s system of occupation, colonisation and apartheid.”
- Signatory to the 2005 “Palestinian Civil Society Call for BDS,” which calls for an end to Israel’s “occupation and colonization of all Arab lands” and promotes the right of “Palestinian refugees to return to their homes and properties.” These goals undermine the fundamental right of the Jewish people to self-determination and would effectually mean the elimination of Israel as a Jewish state.
Funding to ARIJ
|Spanish Government (AECID)||€199,611.93|
|Catholic Relief Services||$32,843||2014|
- Works with the Palestinian Ministry of National Economy to establish a “systematic quantification of the annual costs imposed by the Israeli occupation on the Palestinian economy” in the field of water and environment management.
- Member of the Palestinian Grassroots Anti-Apartheid Wall Coalition (PGAAWC), which focuses on “stopping and dismantling the Apartheid Wall and resisting Israeli occupation and colonization.”
- Member of International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN), Mennonite Palestine Israel Network, and Palestinian Environmental NGOs Network- Friends of Earth Palestine (PENGON)