|In their own words|| "to work for the rights of the child and to promote equitable development without racial, religious, cultural or gender-based discrimination."|
- In 2015, total income was 79.8 million Swiss Francs (CHF) (~$77.9 million); total expenses were CHF 78.4 million. The budget for “Palestine” was CHF 1.4 million.
- 2015 donors included: Austria (Agencies for Cooperation in Austria), European Union (EuropeAid and ECHO), the Netherlands (Dutch MFA), Spain (AECID and Xunta de Galicia), Switzerland (Swiss Solidarity, Swiss Development and Cooperation – SDC and Federal Department of Foreign Affairs – FDFA), United Kingdom (UK Aid), United States (USAID, OFDA, BPRM, USDOL), United Nations, Caritas Germany, and the OAK Foundation.
- In 2015, TDH received CHF 16.8 million from Switzerland (SDC).
- TDH received €1.1 million from the EU’s East Jerusalem Programme for a project spanning 2016-2019, to “contribute to the achievement of the right to education for Arab-Palestinian children in East Jerusalem.” TDH had previously received €1.5 million (ending in 2015) for this project.
- Signatory to the April 2015 Association of International Development Agencies (AIDA) joint agency briefing paper “Charting a New Course: Overcoming the Stalemate in Gaza,” misrepresenting international law and distorting legal terminology to place primary blame for the 2014 Gaza war on Israel. The paper omits Hamas rocket attacks against Israeli civilians, as well as terror tunnels running beneath the border into Israel. The paper further encourages contact with Hamas, stating: “Restricted contact can undermine humanitarian access and implementation of humanitarian programmes…”
- According to the report, “Israel’s illegal policies need to be challenged with practical measures that account for donor and third state responsibilities, specifically, accountability, conditionality, and engagement with all parties.”
- In August 2015, TDH Italy and TDH Switzerland were signatories to a petition calling on world leaders to “lift the blockade” and “stop this injustice” as “the blockade has been found to be in violation of international law and is collective punishment of all Palestinians in Gaza.”
- In August 2015, TDH Italy was a signatory on a joint call “urging world leaders to press the Israeli government to lift the blockade on Gaza and remove the restrictions on basic building materials needed to reconstruct the coastal strip,” as “there can never be justification for collective punishment of an entire population.”
- In July 2015, TDH Italy and Oxfam Italy signed a letter to Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi calling on the Italian government to “exact compliance on Israel with international law and humanitarian law in the occupied Palestinian territory and end the blockade on Gaza, which constitutes collective punishment in violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention.”
- In February 2015, TDH joined 29 other international aid agencies in releasing a statement titled “We must not fail in Gaza,” referring to Israel as the “occupying power,” and calling for Israel to “fully lift the blockade…fragile ceasefire must be reinforced…and those responsible for violations must be brought to justice.”
- In December 2014, TDH signed a statement of “solidarity with women in Gaza,” calling on the “Government of Israel to end its military occupation, which continues to impede upon the fundamental rights of all Palestinians in Gaza.”
- In December 2013, TDH was a signatory on a statement denouncing Israeli home demolitions as they “facilitate the expansion of illegal Israeli settlements and the destruction of civilian property is a violation of International Human Rights Law and International Humanitarian Law.”
- Issued a joint statement on November 19, 2012, with 44 other highly politicized organizations, calling on the international community to “apply immediate pressure on the government of Israel” and warning of a “widespread humanitarian disaster in Gaza brought on by a prolonged [Israeli] military occupation.”
- In June 2012, TDH, alongside 49 international charities, signed on a call to lift the blockade, stating “‘For over five years in Gaza, more than 1.6 million people have been under blockade in violation of international law. More than half of these people are children. We the undersigned say with one voice: end the blockade now.’”
- In November 2011, TDH took part in an anti-weapon campaign that lobbied the Members of Parliament of the Christian Democrat party to disrupt Germany’s arms trade with Israel and other states accused of not respecting international humanitarian standards. This campaign was conducted in cooperation with other NGOs including Human Rights Watch, Brot für die Welt, Evangelische Entwicklungdienst (EED), SODI (Solidarität Dienst), Oxfam Germany, Caritas, Kritische Aktionäre, and Facing Finance.
- Lists “local partners” as: Palestinian Center for Democracy and Conflict Resolution (PCDCR), Ministry of Social Affairs (MoSA), Beit Lahia Development Association (BLDA), and the Shoruq Organisation.
- Member of Association of International Development Agencies (AIDA), along with American Friends Service Committee, Caritas, Catholic Relief Services, DanChurchAid, EAPPI, Medical Aid for Palestinians, Oxfam Novib, Norwegian Refugee Council, and others. Many of these NGOs are active in BDS and lawfare campaigns, and utilize the Durban strategy to demonize and isolate Israel in the international arena.
- TDH France is a member of the Platform of French NGOs for Palestine, a network comprised of 40 French NGOs active in the Arab-Israeli conflict.
- Very active in leading BDS campaigns, the Platform also publishes a variety of booklets on Palestinian refugees and a so-called right of return. The Platform also demands the end of agreements between the EU and Israel, devoting an entire section of its website to providing “evidence” supporting this campaign.
- Endorsed the 2016 Woman’s Boat to Gaza, a group of activists under the banner of the “Freedom Flotilla Coalition” approaching Gaza by boat in an attempt to break the blockade and instigate a confrontation with the Israeli Navy.
All Articles about Terre des Hommes