Civic Coalition for Palestinian Rights in Jerusalem (CCPRJ)
|In their own words||“an independent, non-governmental, non-profit coalition” that “seeks to promote and protect Palestinian rights in Jerusalem and combat Israeli government violations of their human rights.”|
- While CCPRJ seeks “to combat human rights abuses under the Israeli occupation through research and legal analysis, advocacy and human rights education,” the group regularly undermines peace and promotes false allegations against Israel through inaccurate reports and appeals to influential international organizations and officials.
- According to website, “Coalition Members,” include highly political anti-Israel NGOs Adalah, Al-Haq, Defence for Children International-Palestine Section, Grassroots Palestinian Anti-Apartheid Wall Campaign, Welfare Association, among others.
- Ingrid Jaradat Gassner, coordinator of advocacy, is a major BDS (boycott, divestment, sanctions) activist and the former director of Badil, a rejectionist Palestinian NGO that awarded a prize in 2010 to an antisemitic cartoon.
- In a July 2013 article on “How to Make International Law Work for Palestinians,” Jaradat Gassner rejects “peace diplomacy based on the Oslo framework,” the “so-called land for peace formula,” and existing international law, claiming that they “cover up the ongoing Israeli colonization, confiscation and annexation of Palestinian land and oppression of the Palestinian people” and force Palestinians “to recognize the status quo Israel has created in the part of Palestine it conquered in 1948.”
- Regularly accuses Israel of “ethnic cleansing,” “violating human rights,” “forced evictions,” “extensive home demolitions,” ”land confiscation,” “displacement of countless Palestinian families,” “destruction of property” and “Judaization of Palestine.”
- Co-organized a May 2013 conference on “Law and Politics: Options and Strategies of International Law for the Palestinian People” with a stated aim “to examine alternative legal frameworks which are more appropriate for the analysis of Israel’s oppressive regime.” Speakers included anti-Israel ideologues Richard Falk and John Dugard, as well as Adalah director Hassan Jabareen. It appears that funding was provided by UNDP and ICCO (indirect Dutch government funding).
- On April 6, 2013, submitted an “Urgent Appeal for Action” to United Nations Special Rapporteur on Human Rights in Palestine Richard Falk calling to “halt Israeli destruction and forcible displacement of the Palestinian community of Beit Safafa in occupied East Jerusalem.”
- On January 30, 2012 wrote an open letter to United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon upon his visit to Israel urging him “to observe the dire situation facing Palestinians living in the occupied Palestinian territory, including East Jerusalem.”
- On September 17, 2012, wrote an open letter to members of the European Parliament Committee on International Trade, calling on them to cease bilateral trade agreement “until such time as Israel complies with international law and ends its violations of Palestinian human rights.”
- Monthly report, titled “This year in Jerusalem” alleges that between July 2011 and June 2012 “hundreds of human rights violations have been recorded in Jerusalem, including house demolitions, settler attacks, restriction of movement, confiscation of land, raids against private property, and beatings.”
- 2008 study titled “Forced Displacement and Ethnic Cleansing” accuses Israel of “forced displacement” of the Palestinian population “amounting to ethnic cleansing.”
All Articles about Civic Coalition for Palestinian Rights in Jerusalem (CCPRJ)