Women's International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF)
|In their own words||Brings "together women from around the world who are united in working for peace by non-violent means, promoting political, economic and social justice for all."|
- WIPLF enjoys ECOSOC consultative status and is a member of the NGO Working Group on the Middle East.
- WILPF is a member of the Coalition of Women for Peace(CWP), a highly politicized Israeli NGO umbrella group funded by NIF and the EU. CWP marked Israel’s Independence Day in 2007 with commemorations of the “Naqba” – the Palestinian “catastrophe.” (page 20)
- WILPF has lobbied for an NGO Forum at the Durban Review Conference, erasing the antisemitism and virulent anti-Israel rhetoric of the NGO Forum at the first Durban conference in 2001.
- In statements to the UN, WILPF promotes a very biased view of the Israel-Arab conflict, falsely accusing Israel of “relentless destruction of Palestinian infrastructure” and maintaining “more than 650 checkpoints where Palestinians are brutalized and die.”
- Click here for NGO Monitor’s report on WILPF’s statements to the UN.
All Articles about Women's International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF)