|In their own words||"[A]n independent Palestinian development and training institution." |
- Main office located in Ramallah. Branches in Salfeet and Gaza.
- Activities “informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the achievement of sustainable development, and which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment. MA’AN especially appreciates the important role women and youth have in society, and therefore strives to enhance and increase their contribution in the community.”
- Ma’an’s mission is to work towards sustainable human development through: development of Palestinian human resources, institutional building, conducting developmental research, and creating sustainable agricultural models.
- Published “Boycotts, Divestment & Sanctions: Lessons learned in effective solidarity” (2009), a guide to grassroots and international BDS campaigns.
- Member of the Palestinian Grassroots Anti-Apartheid Wall Coalition (PGAAWC).
- In a “Case Study” on a Qalqilya farmer, as well as in other such “case studies,” Ma’an Development Center refers to Israeli “colonization,” and Israeli governments are described as “consecutive occupation governments since 1948.” It contains “testimony” from a local farmer, accusing Israel of “the atrocity of the occupation cutting off human finger in order to capture the necessary fingerprints.”
- The security barrier is consistently referred to as the “Apartheid Wall” and the section that surrounds Qalqilya is described “[a]s a control mechanism,” which “takes on the form of an enclosed cage in this area, transforming it into an open-air prison.”
- Some of Ma’an Development Center’s “past and present international contributors and partners” include: the Australian Embassy, the Australian Government (AUSAID), the British Consulate, the British Council, Canada Fund, CARE International, Caritas, the French Consulate, Norwegian’s People Aid (NPA), NOVIB (The Netherlands), Save the Children Federation (SCF), South African Representative Office and World Vision.
- Not formally affiliated with the Ma’an Network.
All Articles about Maan Development Center