NGO Development Center (NDC)
|In their own words||“Palestinian non-profit, non-governmental organization supporting Palestinian and NGOs and their representatice entities to more effectively respond to the needs of the most disadvantaged groups in Palestinian society.”|
- Works “towards the development of the NGO sector as a whole by facilitating the sharing and exchange of information and experience; by supporting research and policy development; and by strengthening the NGO sector relationships with the development partners.”
- Until 2014, NDC managed the pooled finances of Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark and the Netherlands through its Human Rights/Good Governance (HR/GG) program. NGO grantees included some of the most radical groups operating in Israel and the Palestinian Authority, many of which promote “war crimes” cases and lawfare campaigns against Israeli officials. In 2014, NDC was replaced by NIRAS and Birzeit University, which are managing the government funding under a similar framework, Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law Secretariat (“Secretariat”).
- NDC “Facilitated” and funded the “Palestinian NGO Code of Conduct,” which demands that Palestinian groups reject “any normalization activities with the occupier, neither at the political-security nor the cultural or developmental levels.”
- In a document funded by the French government, outlines “strategic objectives” of Palestinian NGOs, which include: “BDS Campaign[s]”; “Campaign[s] for Academic and Cultural Boycott”; “Anti-Apartheid Wall Campaign[s]”; “Anti-normalization Campaign[s]”; “Establish[ing] monitoring data bases by relevant NGOs on sectoral issues and themes (expansion of colonies, construction of Separation and Annexation Wall, Gaza siege, Jerusalem, house demolitions and evictions, water resources, environment, political prisoners, etc.)”; “Implement[ing] and disseminat[ing] in depth thematic studies about Israeli violations of human rights in the occupied territories”; “Development of a unified NGO strategy for international advocacy.”
- Utilizes biased and politicized rhetoric, including distorted narratives on water distribution, restrictions, violations, and settler violence.
2013 Grant Agreements (Amounts in $US)
|Donor||Amount||Start Date||End Date
|HR/GG Program (Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark and the Netherlands)||18,060,000||May 1, 2010||June 20, 2014
|French Agency for Development||6,500,000||July 7, 2010||June 30, 2014
|World Bank PNGO IV||2,000,000||August 2, 2010||December 31, 2013
|World Bank PNGO IV/AF (Additional Funding)||5,000,000||August 26, 2013||September 30, 2016
|European Commission||500,000||February 1, 2013||January 31, 2015
|Belgian Development Agency||16,771||April 8, 2013||December 6, 2013
All Articles about NGO Development Center (NDC)