Union of Health Workers Committees (UHWC)
|In their own words||Provides comprehensive health services through a developmental community and social framework to all sectors of the Palestinian people especially the marginalized and poor ones through its health centers and community programs.|
- UHWC does not publish funding information, reflecting a lack of transparency and accountability.
- 2015 “Partners, Friends, and Supporters” include: Spain (AECID), Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, UK, UNRWA, Oxfam, Medical Aid for Palestinians (MAP), UNDP, World Health Organization, NGO Development Center, World Vision, UNICEF, DanChurchAid, Save the Children, Middle East Children’s Alliance (MECA), UNFPA, Welfare Association, and the Palestinian Solidarity Campaign.
- According to information released by donors, UHWC received €63,034 in 2016, €35,549 in 2015, and €157,227 in 2014 from Oxfam-Solidarité (Belgium).
- Together with Health Work Committees (HWC), UHWC received funding from Third World Health Aid (€172,131 in 2015, €152,588 in 2014, €131,693 in 2013).
- UHWC activities include holding medical conferences and “Health Days,” and maintaining hospitals, medical center, and cultural centers throughout the Gaza Strip.
- UHWC itself is a PFLP-affiliated health committee active in Gaza, as identified by USAID and in Palestinian documents. The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) is a terrorist organization designated as such by the US, EU, Canada, and Israel.
- Signed on the 2005 Palestinian Civil Society Call for BDS and helped organize the First Palestinian Conference for the Boycott of Israel (BDS).
- UHWC has accused Israel of “Urbanicide,” “Genocide,” the “mass killing of civilians,” and called on its partners, including Oxfam, to condemn “Israel’s human rights violations against the Palestinian people.”
UHWC Ties to the PFLP
All Articles about Union of Health Workers Committees (UHWC)