- The Norwegian government provides tens of millions of Norwegian kroner (NOK) annually to politicized NGOs that operate in the Palestinian Authority and Gaza. Some of these NGOs are involved in anti-Israel boycott campaigns and the Stop the Wall Campaign in Norway.
- Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA), which received NOK 49 million from the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad) in 2007 for its work with the Palestinians, accused Israel of “war crimes” and “collective punishment,” is active in the Stop the Wall Campaign, uses “apartheid” rhetoric, and supported the so-called Free Gaza Movement. NPA also funds other anti-Israel NGOs and partners with them.
- The Norwegian Aid Committee (NORWAC) receives MFA humanitarian funds for emergency medical assistance. A NORWAC representative, Dr. Mads Gilbert, has engaged in radical propaganda, including justifying the 9/11 attacks and false claims regarding the Gaza conflict.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) and the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC) partnered with Palestinian “right of return” NGO Badil on a report on the security barrier. The report labels the barrier a “crime against humanity,” and does not call for a halt to the terrorist attacks against Israeli civilians that led to the barrier’s construction.
- Norwegian Church Aid supports many NGOs with anti-Israel agendas, including Bat Shalom and EAPPI, and is an “important affiliate” of the Stop the Wall Campaign in Norway. NCA attacked the Norwegian government for refusing to transfer money to the “Hamas government” in Gaza.
- The MFA funds Israeli NGOs B’Tselem, PCATI, HaMoked, and Gisha. The Norwegian Representative Office to the Palestinian Authority supports extreme groups Al-Haq, Al Mezan, PCHR, and Miftah. During the Gaza conflict, these NGOs condemned Israel, misrepresenting international humanitarian law to delegitimize Israeli self-defense measures.
- NORAD supports a number of NGOs active in “anti-wall” campaigns, including the Norwegian Association of NGOs for Palestine, the “coordinator for the Norwegian Tear-Down the Wall Campaign and the Norwegian Boycott Israel Campaign.”
- On February 4, 2010, the Deputy Head of the Norwegian Mission to Israel wrote to NGO Monitor with a full list of Israeli and Palestinian NGOs that received government funding in 2009. In addition to the NGOs mentioned in this report, the letter named: Ir Amim, Machsom Watch, Emek Shaveh, the Association for Civil Rights in Israel (ACRI), the Geneva Initiative, Yesh Din, Peace Now, the Maan Development Center, the Gaza Community Mental Health Program, and Al-Dameer. See the full letter below.
- Sins of Omission in Syria (Norwegian - Unnlatelsessynden i Syria), Editorial, Dagbladet, August 12, 2012
- Norwegian NGO Funding: Peace and Coexistence, or Boycotts and Apartheid Rhetoric?, March 9, 2010
- Norway and UK governments contribute to World Bank grant for Palestinians, April 12, 2008
- "Interview with Sarah Mandel on NGO Monitor's report on Norwegian Government NGO funding," (Norwegian) Avidar Norberg, Karmel February 01, 2007
- NGO Monitor Report: Norwegian Funding for Politicized NGOs, January 4, 2007